Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY 2006


Susan ended 2005 in a dream-world, her being a princess surrounded by her subjects. We spent the night at a "proper American house" owned by American missionaries with our friends. We got the kids' room, Robert's bed was ninja turtles and Susan's side of the room was done up for her Majesty - - so appropriate.

May your year be one filled with God's Grace as in the most appropriate story below:

A man dies and goes to heaven. Of course, St. Peter meets him at the pearly Gates.

St. Peter says, “Here’s how it works. You need 100 points to make it into heaven. You tell me what you have done with your life and I will give you the points depending on the merits. If your points add up to 100, you get in.”

“O.K.,” the man says, I was married to the same woman for 50 years and was faithful to her in every sense of the word.”

“That is wonderful,” says St. Peter, “you get 3 points!”

“3 points?!” he says, slightly concerned. “Well, I attended church all my life and supported its ministry my tithe and service until I went into full time missions with Mercy Ships for the past 10 years.”

“Fantastic!” says St. Peter. “That’s certainly worth one point.”

“One point!!??” he moans, now really getting worried. “Well while out there on the mission field, after my usual responsibilities, I went on regular crew out-reaches to children’s’ homes, orphanages and conducted bible studies and more. I used all the time I had responsibly for the Kingdom.”

“GREAT, that’s good for 2 more points,” says St. Peter.

“Two more point!!!???” the man cries. “At this rate the only way I will get into heaven is by the grace of God!”

St. Peter nods and says, “Bingo! 100 points! Come on in my son!”


MAY THE GRACE OF GOD BE YOURS IN 2006!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, having the princess bed was very appropriate. You always did think that you were the princess and we (Linda & I) the serfs!!! At least your subjects now can't embarrass you like we did! Love ya, Mary

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home